Alderleaf Wilderness College

Alderleaf Commons: Forum & Online Community

Welcome to the Alderleaf Wilderness College Forums site.

This is the space to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. If you want to start a conversation or join a conversation, go to the groups section and select the group that best matches your topic.

You might start here with your name, location and what some of your favorite outdoor related activities are. What is it about the natural world that really fires you up?

If you are interested in posting on specific topics other than introductions, please click on the groups tab at the top of the page and visit the group you feel fits your needs best.

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello everyone, my name is Donovan. I live in Sacramento but I grew up in Yakima WA. I'm hoping to go to Alderleaf as soon as possible. Anything having to do with nature and survival, I can almost guarantee it's one of my passions. I'm a very active and social person and love learning new things.
Hi Donovan, welcome, hope to see you at Alderleaf in the fall...J. Stellers

Donovan Gronowski said:
Hello everyone, my name is Donovan. I live in Sacramento but I grew up in Yakima WA. I'm hoping to go to Alderleaf as soon as possible. Anything having to do with nature and survival, I can almost guarantee it's one of my passions. I'm a very active and social person and love learning new things.
Thank you J, hope I can check it out soon to get a feel of the learning environment.

Hello Everyone, I'm Torin Tindongan, 17 and i live in Athens, OH across the country.  I have a deep love for nature as well and have more recently been getting into wilderness survival, particularly primitive and especially after reading some of Tom Brown Jr.'s books.  I have a great interest in indigenous cultures and earth based spirituality.  When i heard about Alderleaf and looked it up i was stunned and instantly decided to go.  I love hiking and free climbing in particular, am starting to get really into tracking and plant identification, and am ridiculously excited to get out there.

I also will probably move out there close to the beginning of the program, i'd really like to visit but i'm not sure i'll be able to make it out there this spring. 

I'm also looking for roommates for next year, but am desprately hoping eventually to be able to move out into the woods and cut down on living expenses.

Hi there,
I'm Ron Brown, and live up in the middle of Snohomish County. I've enjoyed backpacking for a long time, and have often hiked to slowly to teach myself botany, geology, animal behavior, etc. I'm interested in expanding my naturalist knowledge, and finding ways to apply it too. After visiting the Fatm, I am psyched about the permaculture topics. The new root cellar is the coolest thing ever.

Hi everyone Names Christopher Cory Floyd i'm 25 live in Shreveport LA and plan to do anything needed to attend Alderleaf next year. I have Loved Nature and Survival it seems my whole life i have read Dozens of books and practiced primitive skills whenever i got the chance. Have been a Carpenter for the past 6 yrs and been wanting to get some kinda Education but never much liked school as i tend to only learn things i'm Interested in,I want to pursue park ranger,game warden or something in Conservation. My Hobbies are Weapon practice Sword/Spear/Axe/Bow,Martial Arts. Camping/Fishing/Hunting/Trapping/Rock Climbing. Studying my Heritage and practicing the skills my Ancestors did in my free time. I hope to Meet you all soon and spend my upcoming Year in beautiful Mother Nature Learning Skills of my Ancestors :)

Welcome Cory! If you have any questions about Alderleaf, feel free to contact us via email: info@wildernesscollege.com or phone: 360-793-8709

Hi Alderleaf Team & Students!

My name is Bernard. I'll be starting the Wilderness Certification Program (WCP) in September and am very excited to start pursuing my love of the outdoors in earnest! Although I will enroll in an advanced program after completing the WCP, I have not yet decided which particular "area" I like best. I feel that all-round (solid) knowledge is just the starting point...

I will be moving to Snohomish or King county by the end of May and would be happy to share my findings (regarding moving out/living there) with all of you. I will check this board on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to learning from (and sharing knowledge with) all of you!

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

Welcome to Forum, it is a great place to get introduced to some of the subjects we have here.  Good luck on the move and we'll see you in May.

J.Stellers

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Alderleaf Wilderness College.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service